Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Terrible stuff for the Queenslanders

Those poor people in Queensland.  How awful to see it coming.  I know they've got years of stuff to go through before life gets back to something approaching normal.

I've put in a photo here because I know what it's like to live through a natural disaster.


This is what my family's house looked like after Cyclone Tracy.  The house was on top of the piers.  The big blocky thing on the right is the kitchen sink.  That's me in the flairs.  I'm standing in the lounge room.  And yes, I know there are no walls.  You can see a big hole in the wall of the shed under the house which was where someone else's roof came through.  It broke my brother's arm and my hand.

It always breaks my heart to hear about other people going through this type of thing.   It's hard to know what to say.

Oh.  And here's what it looked like before the cyclone.  That's dad downstairs.


Amazing how quickly things can change.

1 comment:

chez said...

how tragic, thats a huge thing to go through