Friday, October 7, 2011

Two things

My mate, Ampersand Duck, has a bit of a thing about typewriters.  So I thought I'd post this:


My brother gave me this years ago.  It's in its box and folds up all ready to carry around.  It's a beautiful piece of machinery.  I have no idea how old it is but it must be early twentieth century. 

In the mean time, I thought I'd treat myself and went to the garden place last weekend to get some veg for the season.  Someone there obviously had several trees/bushes which were producing gorgeous flowers.  They were selling bunches for $3 a pop. 


So I have fresh flowers in the house which is a bit unusual.  Fantastic to have a Waratah in the house.  And I'm very pleased that it matches the gorgeous quilt in the background made by my mother.

The table underneath belonged to my grandmother.  I didn't know her, but it's great to have a little bit of her life in mine.

2 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

That quilt is an amazing piece of work - love the colours and the sharp edges to the points on the stars. And it does indeed go so well with the waratah. And the table.

Ampersand Duck said...

I've been having trouble with my blogreader (have just switched AGAIN) otherwise I'd have seen this a lot earlier... yummy typewriter! Do you still use it? I've been writing most of my correspondence on them, and was told the other day by a librarian that he thought my letters were the funkiest thing about collecting my work! Heh.

good to see your mum's work too. You and she are a talented pair.