Sunday, February 26, 2012

And here's another thing I don't understand

My brother was beaten up on Friday night.  He was in his home and not harming anyone.  Someone came over and belted him.  I've heard garbled reasons for why this person might want to assault him.  None of which make any sense to me.

My family is in Darwin, which is a bit 'frontiersville'.  That's why I left 30 years ago.  But I still care deeply about my family.  When someone threatens my 84 year old mother, I get a little disturbed.

I have no idea what this is all about.  I know that my brother is very unhappy and I wish him well.  I've suggested that he come down here and stay for a while.  It would be good for him to get a way from where he is.

Bit of a worry, really.

2 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Oh. I am so sorry, you must be really worried. I hope he will be OK.

Ampersand Duck said...

Well, that's a complete pile of poo. Your poor bro. I hope he takes up your offer, just to get away from the feeling of invasion for a while, break the fear, so to speak.