Thursday, April 12, 2012

New Life

Yep.  I need to get something going on.

Here's the clag around my bedside table at the moment:


And that's not the half of it.

So I've decided to get rid of all the crime fiction.  This week I'm going to read 'The Great Gatsby' - again.

I think, of all the characters I've ever read, I most identify with Nick Carraway.  I've read that book so many times.  Fell in love with it in high school, and not just because Robert Redford played the Gatsby part.

I'm looking forward to the new version, although I don't understand the need for 3D. 

Apparently Tobey McGuire (Spiderman for farks sake) is playing Nick.  I can see that, but I don't think he has the solemnity.  I'll wait and see.

Gaaah!  So many books, so little time.

2 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Oh how I relate to this. So many books, not nearly enough time. And the bookshelves are stacked at least two deep and there are piles. And piles.
I haven't been reading much crime fiction later. Biographies. And autobiographies. Which doesn't mean the crime fiction isn't there. It is.
Sigh.

Cat Drawings said...

Yep. All of that. And the photo doesn't even show what's on top of the bedside table.