Sunday, September 5, 2010

Here's another, very rough and ready and nowhere near finished.

And here are some other bits and pieces.  Drawings based on ikat weaving and dying techniques combined with traditional weaves from a variety of sources.

I called the series Danish, Swedish, Uzbek Ikat.  Danish, because I'm half a Dane.  Swedish, because some of the imagery, particularly the crosses, came from traditional Swedish weave patterns.  The Uzbek was because the whole series was inspired by Uzbek Ikat and the colours found in their silk weaves.

Love working in pastels.  I'm currently mostly working on the cats. (I spend a lot of time at home and they are constant companions.)  I'm really working on facial expressions.  I want an audience to be able to read a little bit of the character of the animals.

No comments: