Thursday, January 26, 2012

Don't know quite what to say

Yesterday I sent an e-mail to my ex-boss telling him I would not be back in his sweatshop and that he should forward any documents relating to my cessation of employment to my postal address.  I also said that I would refer the matter to the union if I wasn't satisfied with my final pay, etc.

Here is his reply:

Jo
That is fine by me
Just tell anyone from the TCFUA that they can come look for my body in the bush between Railton and Merseylea where I already have a piece of vacuum  cleaner pipe planted.
I have done my best to keep people employed
The only thing I will be sad for is the 15 other people who will lose their jobs
Graeme

 I'm a bit shocked.  Apparently this is not a new threat.  But, having been the one to find a suicide, I'm not exactly amused by this type of threat.

6 comments:

Joan said...

OMG Jo- what an ahole- he seems totally insane- cant believe you were able to work for him- move forward and don't look back!!

Cat Drawings said...

I've referred it to the police. But I know that there will be consequences.

Elephant's Child said...

Vile, vile, oxygen thief. No wonder your body relaxed so quickly when you left. Are you OK?

Cat Drawings said...

Completely freaked, EC. But I'm sure I'll survive.

Cat Drawings said...

Hey EC. I accidentally deleted your last post, but it was lovely to talk to you, too.

Walter said...

Lifeline....

Very sad for him to have to respond like that. As with anything suicide, it is selfish, painful and unfair to everyone. Glad you left that negative space!